DNA #117939 A-1a
VETTEDposted May 26, 2008
Vetting Larry Keith Kincaid to John Kincaid m Cena Vance
Participant: Larry Keith Kincaid
LINEAGE REVIEWLarry Keith Kincaid
Hazel Kincaid 1910-1983
Simon Wyatte Kincaid 1884-1963
Simon Kincaid 1834-1915
John Kincaid c1808-pr1840
LARRY KEITH KINCAIDParticipant: Larry Keith Kincaid
Son of Hazel Kincaid & Dolly Dimple Johnson
1. Birth certificate: Maryland State Department of Health Reg. Dist. No 15328-40 dated 24 Sep 1943 of Larry Keith Kincaid b. 19 Sep 1943 Glenarm Baltimore Co MD length of stay in community prior to birth 6 months. Father, Hazel Kincaid, white, 33 years of age, b. Gauley Bridge WV a machinist. Mother, Dolly Dimple Johnson, white, age 28, b. Gamoca WV a housewife. Other children 2. In my possession.
2. Obituary of Hazel Kincaid identifies Larry Kincaid as a son of Hazel, which is in my possession.
3. Life knowledge: I knew my parents and their siblings and was acknowledged as their son and nephew. I know my siblings and cousins and am acknowledged as their siblings and cousins and as the son of my parents and nephew of my cousin's parents.
HAZEL KINCAIDHazel Kincaid b. 7 Feb 1910 Gauley Bridge WV d. 5 May 1983 Lakeland FL m. 26 Dec 1936 to Dolly Dimple Johnson b. 25 Sep 1915 Gamoca WV d. 13 Oct 1969 Lakeland FL
Son of Simon Wyatte Kincaid & Mary Caroline "Lina" Kincaid nee Johnson
1. SSA Death Index Hazel Kincaid b. 7 Feb 1910 d. May 1983 SSN XX-XXX- 6626 SSN issue state WV Death residence Lakeland FL
2. Birth Certificate: West Virginia State Department of Health Division of Vital Statistics certificate with late filing date of 1 April 1941 of Hazel Kincaid a male child born 7 February 1910. The third child born to Wyatt Kincaid a white 26 year old male of Gauley Bridge WV born in Dixie, WV, occupation miner and Linie (Mary Caroline) Johnson a white 23 year old female of Gauley Bridge, WV born in Tipton, WV, occupation housewife. In my possession.
2. Life knowledge: I knew my grandfather, Simon Wyatte "Wyatte" Kincaid and was acknowledged as his grandson. I knew my grandmother, Mary Caroline "Lina" Kincaid nee Johnson and was acknowledged as her grandson.
3. Family Bible: Wyatte Kincaid is shown as my father's father in my family bible, which is in my possession. Digital copy available
4. 1920 Census: Nicholas Co., WV: Jefferson: Series T625; Roll 1965; page 126 hh-19-19
Kincaid, Wyatt head 35
Lina wife 32
Virgie dau. 13
Elmer son 11
Hanel dau. 10 [sic] this is Hazel a male
Gladys May dau. 7
Dahlia dau. 5
Eugene son 6/12
SIMON WYATTE KINCAIDSimon Whatte Kincaid b. 25 Nov 1884 Dixie Nicholas Co WV d. 30 Jul 1963
Weston State Hospital WV buried Bethel (Brown) Cemetery Poe Nicholas Co WV m. Sep 1905 to Mary Caroline "Lina Kincaid nee Johnson b. 12 Dec 1987 Tipton Nicholas Co WV d. 10 Sep 1954 buried Bethel (Brown) Cemetery Poe Nicholas Co WV
Son of Simon Kincaid & Mary Caroline Kincaid nee Rowsey
1. From SSA Death Index Wyatte Kincaid b. 25 Nov 1884 d. Jul 1963 SSN XX-XXX-9489 SSN issue state WV, death residence WV
2. Family Bible: Simon Kincaid is shown as Wyatte's [my grandfather's] father in the family tree of the family bible, which is in my possession. Digital copy available.
3. 1880 Census of West Virginia, Compiled alphabetically by counties, Volume 3, compiled by William A. Marsh Gateway Press Inc Baltimore 1982, page 288 and 289, G012
Kincade, Simon W Male 52 Farmer WV WV WV
Mary C W Female 19 wife housekeeper WV WV WV
Cora E W Female 9/12 Dau WV WV WV
4. 1900 Census WV Braxton Co, Otter Dist. ED 8, p. 11B hh 188/188
Kincaid, Simon 72 [sic 64} Feb 1828 WV WV /WV Md 22 yrs Head Coal Digger illiterate
Mary C 35 Jun 1861 wife 11 children / 10 living
Simon W 14 Nov 1884 son
John G 14 Mar 1886 son
Rocksey M 12 Apr 1888 dau
Geneva 9 Jun 1890
Ester 7 Jul 1892
Charles W 5 Jul 1894
Minnie D 2 Aug 1897
Infant 1/12 Apr 1900 son
5. 1910 Federal Census West Virginia Fayette County Page 019B
Kincaid Simon Head M W 64 [sic] M1 40
Carolina Wife F W 60 M1 40 7 children 5 living
Charlie Son M W 15 S
Minnie Dau F W 12 S
Love Edy Dau F W 20 M1 2
Love William Son in Law M W 25 M1
6. Marriage bonds from Nicholas Co WV; 10 Sept. 1905--Wyatte Kincaid 21, b. Fay. Co. and Mary C. Johnson 17
"Nicholas County Marriages 1903- 1933"
Kincaid, Wyatte - 21 Fayette
Johnson, Mary Caroline - 17 - Nicholas
Simon & Mary C Kincaid [parents of groom]
Jarrett & Alcinda Johnson [parents of bride]
10 Sept 1905 Married by J. W. Claypool
SIMON KINCAIDSimon Kincaid b. 7 Feb 1834 d. 6 Jul 1915 m. 18 Feb 1878 to Mary Caroline Kincaid nee Rowsey b. ca 1861 d. 21 Apr 1936
Son of John Kincaid & Cena Kincaid nee Vance
1. Grand Aunts handwritten family history taken from Kincaid/Rowsey Bible: This document by Mrs. Eura Belle Fitzwater Kincaid b 3 Apr 1903 states "John Kincaid married Miss Vance and they had 2 children, Susan Kincaid and Simon Wyatte Kincaid". This document was signed by her and dated 21 August 1968. As the wife of a sibling "Charles Willis Kincaid" of my grandfather (Simon Wyatte Kincaid b 25 Nov 1884) she had direct knowledge of facts concerning his parents, siblings and grandparents. Full text available.
2. Application for reimbursement of expenses from the Veterans Administration by Charley Kincaid son of Mary C. Kincaid nee Rowsey upon her death April 21 1936. Application identifies caretakers of Mary C. in her last illness as Ida Packard and Eura Kincaid [Charley's wife and author of above family history].
3. Fourteenth Census of the United States: 1920 - Population State: West Virginia County: Fayette Township: Precinct #8 Belva Falls M. D. page 008A Enumeration Date: 13th January 1920
Enumerator: A. J. White (all subjects and parents born WV)
129 137 Kincaid,Mary C. Head 59 Wid Keeping House For Children
Charles W. Son M W 24 M Timber Sawmill W
Eura B. Wife F W 16 S None
Charles R. Grandson M W ? S None
4. Minister's return or Endorsement for Simon Kincaid and Mary C. Rowsey I, Hiram Sizemore, a minister of the Gospel DO CERTIFY that on the 18'th day of February 1878, at the house of Elizabeth Rowsey [mother of bride] in Fayette County West Virginia I united in marriage the above named and described parties, under authority of the foregoing license. Signed H. Sizemore Accompanied by signed sealed statement by Fayette Co WV county clerks office that above is a true and correct copy from records of that office dated 25 Oct 1915
5. Mary C. Kincaid applies for Civil War Widows pension as widow of Simon Kincaid
Widow; Mary C.
Co. E 5 W VA Inf
Soldier; 13 Dec 1889 Application 743394 Certificate 530717 WV
Widow; 25 sep 1915 1053470 817581 WV
Deposition of Susan Kincaid stating "I am about 83 years old.". "I am a sister of the late soldier Simon Kincaid, we were the only two children of Johnny and Cena Kincaid, the soldier was about 5 years older than I..." This statement is part of a deposition sworn to by Susan Kincaid 15 Sep 1916 in the case of Mary C. Kincaid nee Rowsey petition to US Congress for widows pension as widow of Union Civil War soldier Simon Kincaid. Full text available.
Deposition of Charles V. Kincaid b ca 1837 given on 16 Sep 1916 re Widows Pension Application by Mary C. Kincaid. Charles states that he was a first cousin of Simon Kincaid and that their mothers were sisters. Full text available. [Per Leslie McConachie's posting to Ancestors and Friends Charles was the son of Gillespie Kincaid and Virginia Vance.]
6. Census: 1840; VA;Fayette Co; p. 147
Muncy. William 01000001 / 10001
1 male 5-9 (Simon Kincaid 6) 1 female u5 (Susan Kincaid 2)
1 male 50-59 (William 53) 1 female 20-29 (Cina 32 or 38)
identities added to show continuance with 1850 census)
7.Census: 1850; VA; Fayette Co; Dist. 14; p. 342
Muncey, Wm Farmer
Andrew J. 7
E.J. 2/12 (female)
Kincaid, Simon 16 La[borer] (b. 1833/1834)
8. 1890 Civil War Veterans Census West Virginia Fayette County page 2/29 House No 28 Family No 98 Simon Kincaid Private E Co 5 W VA Infantry 31 Aug 1861 to 8 Oct 1864 3 yrs 1 month 28 days Dixie Nicholas Co Wva
JOHN KINCAIDJohn Kincaid b c 1808 d before 1840 m. c. 1834 to Cena Kincaid nee Vance b. c.1807 d. aft 1880 Fayette WV
Son of ??